The Black Hills Limousin Show and Sale will feature both Limousin purebred cattle and Lim-Flex Cattle. Limousin Cattle will show and sell on Friday, February 5.
Limousin Breed Entry Rules
Eligibility Requirements: Limousin Cattle with an Orange registration certificate, must be a minimum of 75% Limousin for females and bull, Lim-flex cattle with a purple registration certificate must be a minimum of 50% for females and bulls.
All entries must be sired by a bull that is register by the North American Limousin Foundation, Limousin and Lim-flex cattle will be shown together.
1. All yearling bulls must have minimum of 205 days adj. weaning weight of 550 pounds and an average daily gain of 2.6 pounds and a 365 day adj. weight of 1,000 pounds. Bulls 13 months of age or older must be semen tested 30 days prior to the Show and Sale. There is a limit of 50 bulls in the Sale.
2. Bulls must have been calved before April 15, 2019 and have a minimum 205 day adj. weight of 550 pounds. There is a maximum 105 pound birth weight rule for both sexes.
3. Open females calved from August 1, 2019 to April 15, 2019 must be guaranteed by the seller to be bred and to conceive a calf early enough to calve by or before the
female is 32 months of age. Bred females born August 1, 2019 must be safe in calf to calve by or before 32 months of age as documented by a veterinarian certificate and guaranteed by the seller. All bred females must sell with specific breeding date or a pasture-exposed date not to exceed 45 days.
4. All cattle will sell under the standard guarantee endorsed by the North American Limousin Foundation.
5. No adhesive on legs
6. EPDs will be provided to the judge before the show
Barn Arrival: Wednesday, Feb 3 at 6 p.m.
Consignor Meeting: Thursday, Feb 4 at 10 a.m.
Limousin Show: Friday, Feb. 5 at 9 a.m.
Limousin Sale: Friday, Feb. 5 at 1 p.m.
Breed Rep: Chisum Peterson, 605-730-4214