The first 36 paid entries will be in the draw (32 will ride with four alternates).
Bronc riders must be at least 18 years old to enter.
The Broncs for Breakfast event features 32 Ranch Bronc Riders "Riding as Ride Can Be" for 8 seconds. The Ranch Bronc Ride is different from the rodeo saddle bronc riding, as all contestants must ride in a stock saddle.
Doors open at 7am, biscuits and gravy breakfast @8am, calcutta @9am and bronc riding @10am.
The Long-go includes 32 riders with the top eight advancing to the short-go. A total of $6,000 is up for grabs on Burch Rodeo stock.
The bronc riding is open to everyone to compete and is sanctioned with the Western States Ranch Rodeo Association. WSRRA members will be eligible for National Finals qualifying points.
WSRRA Ranch Saddle Bronc Rules:
All riders will have an equipment check with judges. ALL BRONC RIDERS MUST CHECK IN!
*Wildest, yet most controlled ride!
* Using a standard stock saddle, slick-for saddle with bucking rolls.
* Bucking rolls, sacks, or saddle blanket rolled up and tied across the fork is allowed.
* Riders can hold horn, cantle, or rope strap.
* No Spur-out required and loss of stirrup is allowed. Points will be deducted for loss of stirrup.
* No hobbling of stirrups or bind on stirrup leathers.
* Saddles will be inspected by judges for conformance of these rules.
* Same hand must remain on rein throughout ride.
* Fanning with hat is allowed. Quirts and Whips are not allowed.
* Ride is for 8 seconds
* Contestants will be awarded points for control, aggressiveness, exposure, length of spur stroke, and drag timing.
*No Locked Rowels on spurs.